What energy is best for us all to connect with at this new moon?
ANSWER: The Empress
Hey Space Clan,
The response to our inquiry this week is gorgeous albeit bemused. The Empress is ruled by Venus, stunning love goddess planetary lord of the sun sign Taurus, which this new moon lands in.
It is the number three card of the Major Arcana section in a tarot deck; trinity, wholeness, harmony. Venus is Mother Earth’s mother; Venus coos, strokes fingers through Earth’s hair. She’s soft and enriching.
OF COURSE The Empress is number three and there are THREE main astrological transits involving Venus in the sky around the time of the new moon. Venus in Cancer is trine Neptune in Pisces, she is opposing Pluto in Capricorn and square the Libran North Node of destiny. GIST: counterintuitive, discordant confusion.
All of these transits are straight up karmic. Neptune and Pluto are both underworld lords in distinct fashions, with Pluto being evil-looking dude at the gates of the abyss and Neptune the seafaring god who travels through interdimensional realms via ocean expanse. They’re both watery bodies, and Venus is in water sign Cancer, so the next two weeks are going to be overflowing with emotional quandaries with exes and surprising feelings emerging from the depths of the depths, DEEP sh*t. The North Node isn’t a planet, it’s a nodal axis point from the moon which determines your life’s purpose. It’s in Libra now, a sign also ruled by Venus, so expect intense tests in personal relationships, with the theme being imbalance. Imbalance in the sense that other people are cock-blocking or somehow in the way of attaining your perceived destiny. So we reach a point of reevaluation… Are these my people? Is this my destiny? And we’re speaking this, since Libra’s an air sign, these are pivotal discussions, internal or external.
We’re entering Mercury Retrograde in a few days, with this cycle lasting from May 18 through to June 11. As it appears to be traveling backwards, Mercury will be in Gemini, the astrological sign it rules. Planets are always most powerful in the sign they rule, so expect this retrograde cycle to be a royal mind-f**k, as Gemini the Messenger of the Gods holds dominion over all matters of communication and transportation.
Very little will be making logical or emotional sense in the next few weeks, so we might as well get our Empress on as we enter the fog.
TIPS/SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS:
- Bathe frequently. This is salt bath time. Don’t try to figure it out: soak and wash off the angst. Get in for a spa day; facial, vaginal steam, pamper the body through hot mist.
- Renegotiate soul contracts. Since the North Node in Libra is square Venus, we’re going to be coming across people we may not want to deal with in life anymore, but who feel inextricably linked. Should you come to realize during the next two weeks the agreement is no longer beneficial, visit your local shaman to safely renegotiate or remove whatever pact you made with whom/whatever before entering your physical incarnation this lifetime.
- Be wary with ex-lovers. If you fornicate with a former beloved, it’ll get far more complicated than initially perceived. Even if it’s a no attachment hit-it-and-quit-it situation, the space in time we’re entering is not light and frivolous. So bet, if this can of worms is opened the ramifications will be intense.
- Focus on business. Even though it’s Mercury Retrograde season and taking on new clients/jobs is out of the question, this is actually a great time to handle whatever is currently on your plate. Get the checklist out, it's on! As the emotional bewilderment grows stronger, commit your attention to the business at hand, you’ll be surprised by the success of professional feats. Of course, absolutely do not even attempt to finalize a contract with new employers or business partners.
- Have unwavering faith in yourself and your stance. Life is about to get SO perplexing. Do not even for a moment second guess. This is the power of deep gut inner knowing in the face of very little agreement in everyday circumstances. Embrace the gut even if there is no evidence to back you up. However, this is not the time to take on the world with aggression. No need to publicize or convince, your soul growth belongs to you not the realm of opinions.
- Chill. This is a climate of reflection. No need to push or sprint forward. We’ll have plenty of time to march forth with dynamism after Mercury Retrograde.
- Be artistic. Create, inspire and be inspired. Neptune is the higher octave of Venus, meaning he brings out the most radiant expression of her already booming beauty. Paint, make jewelry, visit art galleries, build a castle out of mud, relish in the glory of blooming petunias, write. You get it!
* * *
Thank you so much for reading! If you’d like to book a personal tarot session with me, please do so by clicking here.