What is the most significant spiritual reality present in July?
ANSWER: The Moon reversed
The Moon reversed is not a pleasant experience for most, with this Major Arcana card in the reversal position indicating an epoch of transformation colored by cryptic intensity that makes no sense.
The Moon upright is hard enough, to enter the darkness and become filled with wisdom through nonlinear denseness, but the reversal is worse because it is extremely uncomfortable and can trigger insanity.
No matter the position, The Moon card doesn’t know what’s going to happen… at least logically, on a conscious level. Intuitively and spiritually, the knowledge is unequivocal.
The unfortunate truth about society at this stage in civilization is numerous humans are out of touch with the soul, making the most significant spiritual reality in July dangerous, frankly, especially in the hands of religious zealots. A lot of the frenzy stems from fears about death, so mortality is more prominent than usual.
On a metaphysical level, beware of a whole bunch of fools tampering with preternatural energies they don’t know how to control.
In broader societal terms, watch for a widespread muted pandemonium of emotional reactions, people speaking off the cuff in crazy terms, spouting out insane sh*t. Folks are out there with it or stewing in lunacy. The Moon reversed generates little control over impulses in the acutely unaware, leading to unconscious choices prompted by deep, buried, diseased issues.
There are also implications for a concentrated attack on women, children and everything feminine, including the lost secrets of metaphysicality and intuition. Sexuality is part of the conversation too, but the sexual hateration is more symptomatic, borne from fear of the unknown.
Incapacitation is also a problematic symptom of The Moon reversed.
The Moon as a planet is deep and cultural, indicating dramatic alterations of long-held traditions. The forthcoming eclipses on July 12th and July 27th are extremely important and perhaps even the primary source of the imminent transmutation. (More on the Eclipses in the ‘Significant Events’ section below.)
The bright sides of the divinatory message this month are many though, so don’t discount the good stuff. The Moon reversed points to Star card, indicating tremendous healing is available by plumbing the depths and bringing the bottom of the slough to the surface. This is a prime time for metaphysicians, spiritualists, witches, shamans, doulas, all facilitators of the spiritual arts; spiritual power is returning to the third dimension in a big way, disrupting the norm and contributing to the breakdowns and destabilization of social constructs.
Women are a huge part of this disruption, with wild femininity blasting into the world from powerful arcane realms, prompting all kinds of evolution.
Emotional intelligence is such a huge asset in the weeks ahead. At least in the U.S., society is very solar, with mainstream codes of conduct indicating context for existence is only valid outside of the self or in tangible objects, real things you can go after, touch and feel. The Moon reversed is the polar opposite of tangible materialism, creating an existential crisis.
For so long, in both the subtlest and most public platforms, emotions have been discounted as unimportant or crazy, when actually, sentiment is one of the most powerful and intelligent tools a human can have to transition through the vicissitudes of an ever-changing life course. Nothing stays the same and emotions inform you in certain terms what is going on and when things are changing. Emotions are communicatory, not out of control; they keep you safe and informed.
Emotional and spiritual intelligence are the only traits that will guarantee a smoother ride through these turbulent times.
Check out these dates for some SIGNIFICANT events to take place:
The eclipses occurring this month are hugely important and will be influencing events up until the next eclipse cycle in January 2019. A primary theme for both the Solar and Lunar eclipses is competitiveness. The energy emitted from these events creates the desire to compete.
Solar Eclipse on July 12th, 2018 - Pressure to take action on creating something substantial for the future. Environmental causes and social groups similar to unions, in that people are banding together for a cause, flourish under these stars. Protest groups are definitely highlighted, but there is also an enterprising element involved, so business-minded people, jack-of-all-trades type of entrepreneurial thinkers are also involved. There is a disruptive nature attached to this eclipse, where all types of different groups want to build something long-lasting and beautiful, which in theory is great, but one version of a beautiful ideal is likely to clash with another, causing people to butt heads over how to structure things moving forward. A lot of arguing about what is natural and not natural is likely to take center stage too.
Lunar Eclipse on July 27th, 2018 - Freedom to complete whatever needs to be wrapped up to engender a winning chance in group competitions. Desires are front and center as well; beautiful dreams and visions cannot be avoided. Allow these visions to fuel while competing to complete whatever needs to get out of the way for full on kick-assness later. Positive drive is present, but so is anger and violence. Blow off steam, don’t punch someone in the face.
KEY JULY THEMES FOR EACH SUN / RISING / MOON SIGN:
Aries - Judgment reversed: Ram, you have no idea. That’s a great place to be with Judgment reversed, although frustrating and, let’s face it, maddening at times. Don’t worry about knowing the details, follow the impulse. Plutonic intensity will not lead you astray in July.
Taurus - Knight of Swords: Bull, clearheadedness favors all bold moves in the weeks ahead. Knight of Swords is an active phase following the psychological regrouping or planning of the previous month. The main objective throughout July is to keep a clear head though. Simple clarity is a valuable treasure. Avoid everything that causes confusion. This may be a good time to go teetotal or at least remove something that f**ks up your brain spain. Not forever if you don’t want it to be, but at least in July for sure.
Gemini - The Empress: Twins, how bountiful you are. The Empress has many implications for July, but the primary one is more of a timeline. You’re going to undergo a significant abundance transformation throughout the Uranus in Taurus transit, which ends in 2026. Don’t freak out from November 2018 to March 2019, when Uranus retrogrades into Aries, because it may feel like a sudden reversal of fortunes, it isn’t though, the period just reminds you of where you came from. This is literally nearly a decade of life devoted to harvest and creating abundant comfort; that’s a long time. Since this is the very beginning, please don’t be hard on yourself, take your time. The eclipse cycles of July will be very motivating, but also can create undue internal pressure that causes crazy stress. You’ll be doing great even at a pace that may seem too slow for you.
Cancer - Seven of Swords reversed: Crab, you’ve got to move on. A change of plan may not be what is desired on any level, but Seven of Swords reversed indicates this is exactly what’s called for. It’s OK to hold this scheme close to the chest, as it may not be time to announce the details and the whole thing is private. Psychological insight and perspicacity is paramount, so keep the mind shrewd and alert. Understand yourself in ways you never have before; unearth your thought processes. Know your history, what you’re holding onto and what needs to be embedded in the past for good. Some ending is on the horizon, you know that and becoming mentally prepared for it is an awesome exercise to undertake in July.
Leo - Page of Wands: Lion, a vivid internal fire is burning. Page of Wands is literally lit up on a passionate quest, but the Page is a student and may be learning how to ground these flaming desires into reality. Fully imbibe the sights and sounds of what you are impassioned about, and if the time hasn’t arrived when you’re ready to set out on this journey, make sure preparation for travels becomes the priority in the weeks ahead.
Virgo - The World: Virgin, post traumatic stress disorder or resonances from a crappy epoch may be making life way more intense and hardcore than it really is. The World represents the end of a cycle, an enormous journey of the soul. By the time the soul gets to The World, it has traveled through all kinds of experiences, good, bad, deep, joyous, the whole gamut. YOU have undergone this remarkable journey. You’re actually a f**king boss. Reflect on the significant achievements you have earned in your life throughout July to help prepare for the beginning of a new chapter.
Libra - The Hermit reversed: Libran, there is so much commotion going on it’s hard to find solid footing. Don’t worry though, this topsy-turvydom disappears just a few weeks from now, in mid-August, then full strength is restored. The Hermit reversed tends to be confused about when to speak up, retreat, or what to do, creating a bit of awkward caginess. The funk is just about getting to know the new environment you’re in though, so no need to worry. There may not be as much time for reflection as desired, but August and September are your months to really shine, so it’s ok to feel uncomfortably clueless or mentally ungrounded in July.
Scorpio - Four of Pentacles: Scorpion, what are you establishing? Four of Pentacles suggests a focus on the significant and long-term, nothing frivolous. Deeper emotional desires emerged last month and July is the time to secure or set foundations for fulfilling them. Take your time though, mid-December 2018 to mid-January 2019, when the Sun is in Capricorn, is the period to really make something more of the assets you’re protecting right now.
Sagittarius - The Tower reversed: Centaur, continue taking action on projects already on the go. The Tower reversed points to the planet Mars, which is currently retrograde. Mars doesn’t go direct until August 27th, so between now and then, there may some kind of lull going on. Maybe there are more considerations than initially anticipated when first embarking on this or perhaps roles shift. Whatever the case, embrace all delays and temporary stopping points; when things pick up speed later on the year, you’ll be happy you took some time to pause.
Capricorn - Two of Pentacles reversed: Goat, drop something. Two of Pentacles reversed suggests the need to stop being so busy. Try to figure out what to offload by September. There may be a longing for a new life, some type of fresh expression, especially surrounding finances or career. The divination indicates it may have been scary to face loss in the past couple of months, but this is a necessary renewal. The loss is actually a bonus later down the line, believe it or not.
Aquarius - Page of Cups: Water Bearer, tap into the inner nymph. Page of Cups is a student of emotional joy. Be gentle, June, and actually most of 2018, was rough, with a feeling of poverty or something seriously lacking plaguing the heart. July is really all about cultivating joie de vivre by just splashing around and giggling. No cheese involved in discovering how to love with levity again.
Pisces - Ten of Cups: School of Fish, after all the weird sh*t, complete joy and love has finally arrived. Ten of Cups is an emotionally invigorating connection with the deepest intimacy, tenderness and fulfillment one can muster, normally in connection with family members or other significant personal relationships. You seem to have mastered the emotional intelligence and intuition the entire universe is seeking in the main June forecast. Enjoy!
TIPS, SUGGESTIONS & NOTES FOR THE MONTH:
- Facts are no longer a commodity. At least not in July, so be aware that some humans, including those with significant power, are likely to spout “from the gut”, but in a way that’s dangerously contrived or friggin nuts. Jaws will drop listening to these fools and feelings ignited from the statements are going to be extremely unnerving, as if an organ has been ripped out or the stomach literally fell out of the body onto the ground. It’s hella intense.
- Be super up on messages gleaned through astrology, tarot, runes, I Ching, or other divinatory tools and modalities. The Moon reversed thrives in the spiritual realm. Bring the esoteric into 3D by understanding the spiritual reality, symbology and messaging in everyday life. Magic is in the mundane.
- Religious zealotry thrives. Religion and spirituality are not interchangeable. No disrespect on beliefs, but the reality is, religion isn’t inherently spiritual and has become more psychological and sociological over the centuries. This is problematic, because the beauty of faith in a higher power has in some communities turned monstrous, mutating into fanaticism about how people should be. Watch out for amplified religious extremism.
- Irrationality; friend or foe? This is a question many people will be faced with throughout July’s existential crises. The inquiry is not an easy one to answer because in most cases, it’s both.
- Boost emotional and intuitive intelligence. Do therapy, find the inner child in soul planes, whatever the modality, start to decode emotions, explore them, they are your allies.
- Anti-women hatred will be taken to whole new levels. An assault on femininity is going down, but it’s really borne from this fear of the inscrutable and esoteric nature of woman and the Moon. It’s too powerful to control, so the anti-spiritual members of society, some of whom are deeply religious, are trying to lock it down, but fortunately, divination indicates this conquest won’t hold. There may be slights and assaults but arcane feminine forces will eventually break dams and flood reality.
- Unbridled femininity is being unleashed. A really ancient, hardcore femininity, the soul of femininity, is flooding our world. This will take various forms, but part of the good news surrounding The Moon reversed is soul power and supernatural energy creates a ripple effect of women expressing themselves, and their arcane goddess power if you will, to the maximum.
- Scariness abounds. Doom or dread in the background as a subtext may be creeping in a major way. In terms of news and just society in general, there’s this sense of ‘oh my goodness what the f**k is going to happen?’. Same thing personally, just like what the f**k is going on? This is butterflies in the stomach, weight on the chest, it does not feel good.
- Heal. Not every single second of the month will be filled with crappiness, there are always opportunities for laughter and good times, but a focus on healing, instead of generating abundance or going after hardcore goals, are the most ensure ways to infuse life with joy and levity.
- Long-held traditions are changing.
- Violence may start to become even more of a norm in this eclipse cycle. Remember, eclipses have a six-month span, so this energy extends into January 2019.
Thank you for reading!
If you are interested in booking a personal tarot session with me, you can do so by scrolling down the page a little further for a full session or by purchasing a Quickie Tarot Email reading below.